2021 Schedule of Events
Friday December 3rd
Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting! 6pm
WOU’s 53rd Annual Tree Lighting: Watch the parade come through town and WOu’s campus on Monmouth Ave., followed by the lighting of the Giant Sequoia tree. Immediately following the lighting of the tree, continue the fun with photos with Santa on WOU’s Werner University Center plaza.
Saturday December 4th
Main Street Park | 12-4pm
- Caesar the Llama: Have your photo taken with the no-drama llama! Listen to a reading of Caesar’s new story by Mayor Cecelia Koontz.
- Kids Craft: Join Ash Creek Arts Center for a holiday themed painting activity at MaMere’s Carriage House, 212 Knox St N!
- Chili Cook-off:Taste a variety of chili made by local fire fighters and help Polk Co Fire District No. 1 fundraise for local charities. You decide who will be crowned this year’s champion!
- Christmas Carolers: Get into the holiday spirit listening to musical performances throughout the afternoon!
2pm – Christmas Performance: Jason Tokarchuk
4pm – Christmas Duet with Jason Tokarchuk & Nicole Baker
More holiday fun activities!
Nov. 27th – Dec. 15th
Visit local businesses for holiday specials and get your passport stamped while you’re there. Then enter to win prizes!
Holiday Book Sale
Dec. 4th, 10am-6pm at Monmouth Volunteer Center, 144 Warren St S. Brought to you by The Friends of the Monmouth Public Library.
Holiday Light Decorations
Grab some hot cocoa and enjoy holiday light displays in Main Street Park nightly throughout the season. You can see more holiday light decorations throughout town as part of the Make Monmouth Bright Light Decorating Competition. Be sure to cast your vote for your favorite light display December 1 – 15th.
How can you prepare for the holiday event of the year?
Citizens, Friends, Neighbors, Visitors, and all others!
Plan your route for the Passport to Prizes, Nov. 26th – Dec. 15th.
Mark your calendars for WOU’s 54th Annual Tree Lighting on December 2 at 6pm.
- Participate in Make Monmouth Bright – Show your spirit and participate in Monmouth’s home light decorating competition. Your home will be entered to win an award for best light display in 1 of 3 categories:
Questions? Contact Phyllis Bolman, City Recorder at (503) 751-0145 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Traditional Theme (Hallmark Moment)
- Brightest (Blow the Fuse!)
- People’s Choice Award
- Participate in the Annual Griswold Light Decorating Competition – Decorate your storefront by December 1st and be entered to win an award for best light display in 1 of 3 categories:
- Blow the Fuse
- People’s Choice.
- Become a passport stop where participants go to collect stamps and enter to win a prize. Passport locations are limited to the first 12 Monmouth Downtown businesses who sign up. Nov. 26th – Dec. 15th.
- Sponsor Making Spirits Bright and have your business recognized on the event program, social media posting, and MBA website.
- Participate in the Holiday Tree Lighting Parade on Dec 2nd.
If you have any questions about sponsoring an event, email: email@example.com
We can’t wait to see you there!
to our Making Spirits Bright! 2021 sponsors:
- City of Monmouth
- Western Oregon University
- Monmouth Business Association
- Monmouth Independence Chamber of Commerce
plus Fee Mail Depot ∙ Firehouse Crossfit ∙ Main Street Ice Cream ∙ MINET ∙ Mungo Design ∙ Petals & Vines ∙ Rookies Sports Tap ∙ Sing Fay ∙ Tan Republic ∙ The Find ∙ Yang’s Teriyaki